Interior shutters are a timeless window treatment that will never go out of style. Our team of experts at Motion Shading specializes in custom luxury and automated window treatments. Let us show you why plantation shutters from Hunter Douglas are always a wise choice for any window in every home.
Selecting a Material
There’s no one size fits all option for custom window shutters, and that’s why Hunter Douglas offers shutters made from three outstanding material options.
Request a Consultation
Heritance® Hardwood Shutters
Nothing offers traditional character and warmth the way natural hardwood does. Heritance® Hardwood Shutters are made from 100% rapidly renewable basswood or poplar, so you can enjoy the luxury of wood while knowing no damage was done to the environment. You can choose from more than 35 paint or stain finishes or create a custom color to complement your existing decor scheme. We encourage you to consider the Handcrafted Series for customers seeking an elevated aesthetic.
The series features six designer techniques that emphasize the character of hardwood.
- Select a hand-applied glaze to intensify the natural stain of the wood.
- A glazed & burnished look is created by glazing shutters that have been sanded by hand.
Selectively placed cracks, dents, and wormholes deliver a classic distressed finish.
- Increased the antiqued appearance with heirloom distressed finishing that achieves an old-world style by pairing burnished edges and rasping with cracks and wormholes.
- The rustic technique features growth rings, knots, and mineral streaks for truly one-of-a-kind shutters.
- Adding extra contrast, depth, and texture to the wood grain is easy to do with the brushed look of textured finishing.
The unrivaled craftsmanship is continued with the Truemill® dovetail construction. While many manufacturers use a standard glue and dowel construction, Truemill® dovetail construction uses tightly interlocking components for one of the most structurally sound methods for shutters.
Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters
Hardwood is susceptible to heat, humidity, and moisture damage, making it an impractical choice for certain climates and locations in your home. Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters lend the appearance of authentic wood without the limitations. The cutting-edge technology used to create the Polysatin™ compound provides plantation shutters that have a lifetime guarantee against cracking, peeling, fading, and warping. These shutters are also moisture and mildew resistant, making them perfect for bathrooms and homes in hot and humid locales.
Enjoy the look of a painted matte finish on all Polysatin™ colors courtesy of DuraLux™ Finish, a specialty finishing technique exclusive to Hunter Douglas. You can count on your shutters being as strong as they are attractive thanks to interior aluminum bracing and resin blocks. With three louver size options, 2.5”, 3.5”, and 4.5”, you can customize your ideal amount of view-through. Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters are also the only motorized shutters available on the market. PowerView® Automation allows you to operate your window treatments using a remote, mobile device, or simple voice commands. PowerView® Automation seamlessly integrates with most smart home systems for whole-home convenience.
NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters
With the many advanced features available on products today, you never have to settle for anything less than what you want. NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters combine the refined good looks of natural wood with the endurance of state-of-the-art man-made materials. A wood composite is mixed with a polypropylene coating for a product with distinctive quality. The hybrid material is ideal for busy households with active children.
Hybrid shutters from Hunter Douglas are made with the same Truemill® dovetail construction as the hardwood shutters collection. NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters also feature SoftClose™ Louvers that allow the louvers to automatically close in a soft, gentle manner after reaching a predetermined angle. The feature does away with the need to sweep your hand up or down the louvers to achieve full closure. This enhanced functionality saves you time and reduces fingerprints on the louvers. Choose UltraGrain™ finish for the most realistic stain-like finish available in the window treatments industry.
The Benefits of Shutters
Now that you know what materials shutters are available in, we’ll share some of the perks of installing custom interior shutters.
- They increase your home’s energy efficiency. Since shutters are installed tightly within the window frame there are fewer opportunities for unwanted air to enter your home. This helps maintain your home’s temperature without adjusting heating or cooling settings frequently.
- The design is inherently cordless. Most window treatments come with a cordless option, but it’s never a question with shutters. A cordless look reduces visual clutter and creates a much safer environment for young children and pets.
- Your home’s resale value will increase. Shutters are the only window covering that will add to your home’s value as they are considered a permanent addition. Many potential buyers seek out features like shutters when searching for a new home.
- Fabric window treatments attract and hold on to dust, pollen, and other allergens. The solid material of window shutters makes them a better choice for those with asthma or allergies as they are easier to clean.
Contact Motion Shading
We believe that investing in custom shutters should be a try before you buy scenario, so we have full-size displays in our showroom for you to see and operate. We invite you to contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our window treatment experts. You can find us right in Atlanta, GA. We are also proud to serve the areas of Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Vinings, Fulton County, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Tucker, North Druid Hills, Druid Hills, Decatur, North Decatur, Avondale Estates, Belvedere Park, Scottdale, & Dekalb County, GA.
Schedule an appointment today!
Visit our state-of-the-art showroom to see our custom window treatments in action, and talk to one of our automation experts.